Thursday, September 3, 2015

Writer's Block

Coincidence. I love this word. Is there coincidence, no coincidence, or is it God-incidence? I have found myself  many, many times smiling at something I have just 'happened to read, someone I have 'happened to run in to, some door that has been opened, or closed.

While struggling to come up with a post yesterday, my thoughts were reverted by news of a fatal car accident, the death of a sibling of a good friend, and other daily concerns and obstacles. I read the daily excerpt from "Jesus Calling". Fascinating. ......"you begin each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do. You accept weakness as a gift from Me, knowing that My Power plugs in most readily to consecrated weakness.."
 Interesting....weakness was the topic of my first post, just two days ago. (The word Joyful also jumped out at me, the topic of my second post. )The daily message follows with a passage from 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.....For when  I am weak, then I am strong."

Interesting, powerful, amusing confirmation. Brings an inner smile. Much better stated than I attempted to convey on Monday's post.

Life Experience:   I was still distracted yesterday, and felt I needed to collect my thoughts and did not post a message.  This morning I felt the urge to try again.   I started with the prayer to the Holy Spirit and a little later decided to pick up "Jesus Calling" to see how the writing for Sept. 3rd might inspire.
So, it begins...."Let the dew of  My presence refresh your mind and heart. So many, many things
vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication." Okay, cute. I read on. "The world has changed enormously since I first gave the command to be still and know that I am God........communicate with me continually, and I will put My thoughts in your mind.
Well, alrighty then. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment